These yummy rolls are perfect for Easter Breakfast!
Cinnamon Rolls from Disney World
Yield: 18-24 Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages yeast or 4 teaspoons
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package INSTANT vanilla or French vanilla pudding
2 cups milk, slightly warm
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened so it is spreadable
2 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk, or additional milk as needed
1. In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Stir until dissolved and set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
2. Butter two 13×9 pans, set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk. Let stand for 1 minute.
4. Add 1/2 cup melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
5. Gradually add flour and with bread hook on your mixer, knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
6. Place in a large greased bowl. (It will need to hold the double the amount of dough.)
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
8. Punch down and let rise again for second time.
9. Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
10. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
11. Take the 1 cup of softened butter and spread over entire dough surface.
12. In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough starting with the long side and roll tightly, pinch seam to seal.
14. Cut with a knife, or dental floss. Cut into 18-24 slices, depending on how thick you like your rolls.
15. Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently smash the roll a bit (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
16. Place each roll in the buttered baking pans, cover, and allow them to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes. (You could cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator overnight, and in the morning take out of refrigerator, and let sit for 30-40 minutes then bake.)
17. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color, about 20-25 minutes.
2. Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Spread half of the frosting on the very warm rolls and let it melt into the rolls, and put the other half of the frosting on when they are somewhat cooled.
**to half this recipe and make only 9-12 rolls; use 1/3 of a cup of the pudding mix, and roll dough to an 18×10 size, put into one 13×9 pan. **you can also add raisins or pecans with the filling.