My Niece, Nancy MaWhinney, made these yummy cookie bars for me. They are awesome and everyone loved them. I individually wrapped them in plastic wrap, threw them into the freezer, and now I have a Gluten Free treat whenever I want. These are so yummy I will call them granola bars and eat them for breakfast.
Nancy’s No Flour Monster Cookie Bars
Yield: 24 bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
10 ounce bag mini M&Ms (1 ½ cups)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper with a 2-inch overhang on each short side of the pan.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugar,brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs to the bowl, one at a time, beating between each addition then add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and baking soda and mix until well combined.
4. Add the oats, m&m’s and chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
5. Transfer the cookie dough into the prepared pan, pressing it into an even layer. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. The edges will be lightly browned and the middle will still look pale. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookie to cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes, it will firm up as it cools. Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the cookie out of the pan and put onto a cutting board. Slice the cookie into 24 bars and serve.